This week, we sit down with Michael Yost to share an update on the current activities of FSU’s Graduate Assistants United. Plus, we chat about the feckless fiasco of the Iowa Caucuses. In many ways, today’s episode is a sequel of sorts to Ep. 67: “A Future Worth Fighting For,” where I sat down with my friends Leah and Candi to talk about the January 13 Teachers’ Strike.
Today’s episode has three parts.
- Pt. I features a report-back recorded shortly after the January 13 Teachers’ Strike with Brett from Dumb & Awful. (4:36)
- In Pt. II, FSU-GAU treasurer, Michael Yost, and I discuss the ongoing struggles our union has taken part in over the past month and recent FL legislation that’s targeted at alleviating graduate student fees. (30:23)
- In Pt. III, Michael and I chat about the debacle last week in Iowa. (1:09:13)
This episode has a little somethin’ for everyone!
- Check out the Florida Education Association and the Graduate Assistants United.
- Check out Brett from Dumb and Awful and support their program on Patreon.
- Follow Michael and FSU-GAU on Twitter.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
– Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
– Interlude 1: “Burn” by Counterparts
– Interlude 2: “Vignette: Panacea” by Disasterpeace
– Outro: “Overthrow” by Veil of Maya