In this week’s edition of Coffee with Comrades, we sit down for a conversation with Nick Estes, assistant professor at the University of New Mexico and author of Our History is the Future: Standing Rock Versus the Dakota Access Pipeline and the Long Tradition of Indigenous Resistance. We spend the hour discussing indigeneity, decolonization, revolution, the Red Deal, the Red Power Movement, anti-imperialism, internationalism, and so much more.
- Follow Nick on Twitter.
- Check out the Red Nation’s Website and Twitter.
- Support The Red Nation Podcast on Patreon.
- Pick up a copy of Nick’s book.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: “Black Snakes [Remix]” by Prolific the Rapper & A Tribe Called Red
- Outro: “D.T.A.” by MC Sole