This week, we critique the climate strike. But, first, some current events.
- Drone strikes hit a Saudi oil field and cut production in half.
- Leaked audio shows Brazil’s army is trying to occupy the Amazon.
- The UAW strike rages on.
- The Climate Strike kicked off this week.
What are the limitations of the strike as a model? How do we move from symbolic protest to direct action? What tools/methods are best suited to combating climate change and capitalist hegemony?
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World Anymore” by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: “Strangers” by City and Colour
- Outro: “Downfall” by Architects