On this week’s edition of Coffee with Comrades, Pearson & Mel sit down with Brendan from Marxism & Moshpits to talk about International Workers’ Day! But, first, some current events:
- The cops murdered Soheil Antonio Mojarrad, an unarmed, mentally ill man in Raleigh, NC.
- Joe Biden has joined the Democratic primary race. Who’s ready for a repeat of 2016!?
- Larry Hopkins, the leader of the militia that kidnapped migrants at the border, was attacked in jail.
- Host a vigil for the disappeared migrant men, women, and children.
- Mel has a new article out in Protean magazine on Extinction Rebellion’s tepid liberal tactics.
- Also, Mel is trying to get to France to cover the Yellow Vest movement. Consider donating to her on CashApp: $coldbrewedtool
Brendan joins us for the hour to talk about labor struggles in Nebraska, the Haymarket Affair, Labor Day vs. International Workers’ Day, intersectional feminism, and the future of the U.S. labor movement.
- Follow Marxism & Moshpits on Twitter and support them on Patreon.
- Check out Brendan’s band, No Thanks.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon.
- Follow Coffee with Comrades on Twitter and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a member of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is part of the Rev Left Radio Podcast Federation.
- Logo design by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
Music Featured on This Week’s Show:
- Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: “Solidarity Forever” by Pete Seeger
- Outro: “Flayed Alive” by No Thanks