In this week’s program, I sit down with some former employees of No Evil Foods—a company in Asheville that brands itself as a progressive vegan plant-based meat-maker—and talk about their efforts to unionize their workplace and the brand’s crackdown on organized labor. We talk about performative wokeness, vegan lifestylism, intersectionality, and so much more.
- No Evil Foods, a Faux-Leftist Vegan Meat Company, Busts Union Drive
- Mo’ Evil Foods (this show’s album artwork from this article in the Industrial Worker)
- The Double-Speak of No Evil Foods
- Workers at No Evil Foods say the Vegan Progressive Company Busted their Union Drive
- A Vegan Meat Company Purged Its Pro-Labor Employees
- Sign the Petition for NEF’s Labor Union!
- Follow Mo Evil Foods on Twitter.
- Follow Birdie Gregson on Twitter.
Ways you can support Coffee with Comrades!
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: “The Eco-Terrorist in Me” by Rise Against
- Outro: “Until Every Cage is Empty / Uproar” by Gouge Away