We’re back at it again with the second half of our two-part series on The Last of Us, Pt. II.
If you haven’t already, I definitely recommend checking out Ep. 93 of Coffee with Comrades, “Endure and Survive,” before listening to this episode. Otherwise, ya might be a bit lost. Also, spoilers are pretty damn pervasive in this episode, so if you wanna go into the game without any prior knowledge, this might be one to avoidv until you’ve played the game.
Regardless, in this episode we talk a lot about Nietzsche, discuss the queer characters in the game, explore the tensions between survival and horror, talk about the game’s meta commentary on revenge narratives, and debate the cliffhanger ending.
- Check out Features of Fright and follow Jordan on Twitter.
- Check out Macabre Media Podcast and Simple Philosophy and follow Kaleb on Twitter.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
– Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
– Interlude: “Take on Me” as performed by Ashley Johnson
– Outro: “Wandering” as performed by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker