This episode is dedicated to the memory of Oluwatoyin Salau and Victoria “Vicki” Sims. Rest in power. May you be avenged.
This week on Coffee with Comrades, we celebrate our two-year anniversary by sharing a conversation with two community-organizers on the ground in the Twin Cities, Jessica and Cameron. We talk about Jessica and Cameron’s experiences in the recent uprising that has swept across the nation. We cover a lot of ground in this interview, including the siege of the Third Police Precinct in Minneapolis, mutual aid efforts, the efficacy and ethics of looting, and the power of solidarity in these ensuing crises.
Channel Zero Network PSAs:
- Check out the Minnesota Freedom Fund for bail support in the Twin Cities.
- You can try to get medic training from groups like North Star Health Collective
- Support media like Unicorn Riot
- Get picket and direct action training from Twin Cities Workers Defense Alliance
- Keep in touch with your local chapter of the National Lawyers’ Guild
- Southside Harm Reduction is also doing vital work in MN and are worthy of your support
- Donate to the FL State-Wide Bail Fund for BLM protesters
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
- “Welcome to the Party” by Bambu
- “Excuse Me” by Fire from the Gods