Welcome back to another edition of Coffee with Comrades! This week, we share the second-half of a two-part special recorded with Serena Viola and Cosby Hayes on art, labor, and cultural production. If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Ep. 76 of Coffee with Comrades, “Art(work.” Today, we go global, looking beyond our local community here in Tallahassee at larger struggles and movements and the intercessions (and limitations) of cultural production. We chat about fine art versus street art, proletarian power, and the tensions of being an artist in a time of rising fascism, rabid nationalism, and climate catastrophe.
- Follow Serena on Twitter and Instagram.
- Follow Cosby on his personal Instagram and @SPHCwalls.
- Support Coffee with Comrades on Patreon, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and visit our website.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud affiliate of the Channel Zero Network.
- Coffee with Comrades is a proud part of the Rev Left Radio Federation.
- Our logo was designed by Sydney Landis. Support her work, buy some art.
- Intro: “I Ain’t Got No Home in this World” by Woody Guthrie
- Interlude: “Weather” by Tycho
- Outro: “Numb” by the Devil Wears Prada